Welcome to My Site

If this is your first visit, welcome! This site is devoted to my life experiences as a Filipino-American who immigrated from the Philippines to the United States in 1960. I came to the US as a graduate student when I was 26 years old. I am now in my mid-80's and thanks God for his blessings, I have four successful and professional children and six grandchildren here in the US. My wife and I had been enjoying the snow bird lifestyle between US and Philippines after my retirement from USFDA in 2002. Macrine(RIP),Me and my oldest son are the Intellectual migrants. Were were born in the Philippines, came to the US in 1960 and later became US citizens in 1972. Some of the photos and videos in this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on infringing on your copyrights. Cheers!

Tuesday, August 13, 2024

THD Newton's Restaurant-Kudos to Chef Agustin and His Kitchen Crew

Newton's Restaurant-The Heritage Downtown (THD), Walnut Creek, CA 

My recent lunch ( see photo above) of Bow Tie Pasta Salad, Lentil soup with sausage, watermelon and Coke was excellent. The Pasta Salad has cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, parmesan cheese and Italian Dressing.

One of the many factors of my decision to move here at THD last year was the food service at Newton's- Our THD restaurant. https://theheritagedowntown.com/fine-dining/

I have enjoyed numerous normal and weekly dishes, and also several special dishes celebrating special occasions.  Newtons have provided delicious and authentic dinners for Valentine,  Easter, July 4th, October Filipino-American History month, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve. Newton's is very creative in their Salads and Soups Presentations as well as Desserts. The following are some special dishes on special occasions served here at Newton's.  

In Dinner the menu of January 22-27, 2024 is listed in one of the vegetarian dishes, one of my favorite Mexican dishes- chili relleno casserole. Thank you Agustin for honoring my request. Agustin is our Chef here at Newton's Restaurant.  

It was delicious and a little bit spicy, but I love it. So as a warning if you do not like spicy food, the chili relleno casserole is not for you. However, if you have an adventurous palate and like Mexican dishes try it this week. 

Here are some photos of Newton's and Senior Residents enjoying Dinner. 

Pork Chops and Asparagus Dinner with Dean and Marsha 
    

Dinah and I at Father's Day Dinner, 2024 with Glass Stained Window Decor-Haley's Comet

Filipino Dinner Menu featuring  Pork Sinigang,  Chicken Adobo and Rice Cake/Mango Ice Cream 


Here's the Special Valentine Dinner Menu for Wednesday Feb 14, 2024

Looking forward to the Grilled Rib Eye Dinner, Lobster Bisque Soup and Crab Cakes 




Lastly, last year's New Year's Eve Dinner Featured Baked Lobster Tail or Herb Crusted Rack of Lamb and Lobster Bisque Soup and Cheesecake for Dessert. 

Meanwhile, I talked to Agustin the other day, our Chef about Sinigang.💚 He said his wife  (a Filipina-American) will cook it and he will bring a bowl for me. Thank You, Agustin! Keep up with Good work and my thanks to all the Kitchen Crew.  Meanwhile, here's a website that describes Sinigang in the top 100 Best Soup in the World by Taste Atlas.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...