Welcome to My Site

If this is your first visit, welcome! This site is devoted to my life experiences as a Filipino-American who immigrated from the Philippines to the United States in 1960. I came to the US as a graduate student when I was 26 years old. I am now in my mid-80's and thanks God for his blessings, I have four successful and professional children and six grandchildren here in the US. My wife and I had been enjoying the snow bird lifestyle between US and Philippines after my retirement from USFDA in 2002. Macrine(RIP),Me and my oldest son are the Intellectual migrants. Were were born in the Philippines, came to the US in 1960 and later became US citizens in 1972. Some of the photos and videos in this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on infringing on your copyrights. Cheers!

Saturday, August 17, 2024

Philippines was Ousted by Cambodia as the Friendliest Country in the World

According to the latest posting of Asean Urbanist in Face Book, Cambodia is now the most friendly country in the world. The Philippines has been demoted to number 2. During the past decade, I believe the Philippines has always been rated as the Number #1, I wonder why? If you know the reason let me know. 

But according to the travel.com Australia is their number 1 friendliest country in the world.

  • Australia tops the list as the world's friendliest country due to locals' laid-back attitude and willingness to help tourists. 
  •  Taiwan stands out as another one of the friendliest nations in the world due to locals' eagerness to assist despite language barriers. 
  •  The Netherlands, Finland, Greece, and Portugal are also recognized for their friendliness, welcoming cultures, and high quality of life.

https://www.thetravel.com/friendliest-countries-in-the-world/

Who is correct? That Depends from Person to Person based on their personal experiences during their travel or temporary residence in the country they voted as number 1. 

Another list by the travel.com  listed South Africa in their #1 list, followed by Vietnam and the Philippines was not even in their top ten.
Friendliest Countries in the World
  • South Africa. First up on our list of the friendliest countries in the world is South Africa. ... 
  • Vietnam. Vietnamese people are noted for being quite humble and welcoming to tourists and expats. ... 
  • Colombia. ... 
  • Hungary. ... 
  • Netherlands. ... 
  • France. ... 
  • Saudi Arabia. ... 
  • New Zealand.

On the other hand, the most unfriendly country in the world was Iraq.  

1 comment:

Dean Elias said...

A beguilng description, David: if I make one more trip abroad while I have a fragment of sanity, the Philippines are enticing. . .

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...