Welcome to My Site

If this is your first visit, welcome! This site is devoted to my life experiences as a Filipino-American who immigrated from the Philippines to the United States in 1960. I came to the US as a graduate student when I was 26 years old. I am now in my mid-80's and thanks God for his blessings, I have four successful and professional children and six grandchildren here in the US. My wife and I had been enjoying the snow bird lifestyle between US and Philippines after my retirement from USFDA in 2002. Macrine(RIP),Me and my oldest son are the Intellectual migrants. Were were born in the Philippines, came to the US in 1960 and later became US citizens in 1972. Some of the photos and videos in this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on infringing on your copyrights. Cheers!

Wednesday, August 21, 2024

Candlelight Concert -(Capriccio String Trio)- August 17, 2024

I attended last Saturday night ( August 17) Candlelight Concert by the Capriccio String Trio ( 2 violins, and a cello). The trio are Kathryn Hoffer ( 1st Violin), Janet Grizzle ( 2nd Violin) and Wendy Reynold( cellist). The first concert from this Trio, I heard was last November 19, 2023πŸ’š. 

Last Saturday Night repertoire has a lot more classical pieces that I am not familiar with.  However, one of the pieces by a German Composer ( Ferdinand Ries) was so familiar I felt nostalgic, remembering my college days  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferdinand_Ries

The piece I have heard has been played numerous times, by my former dorm mate in College who was a Music Major in Piano and Violin.  πŸ’œ   

I took some photos during the concert as follows: There were around 20 seniors who attended ( 15 inside the Activity room and 5 outside at the Lobby.  

Kathryn Hoffer, Janet Grizzle and Wendy Reynold- The Capriccio Trio
Jane Lowry and Debbie Baldwin
Anne Long and Mary Alice Rathbun- with Cidney Carbah and Soraya Cross ( standing outside)
Jan McGowan and Ray Gordon and at background table are Sue Hoyt and Emily Yee( new residents) 
Steve Kam, Karma Pippin, Dean Elias amd Marsha Kefer
The Capriccio Trio
I apologize for the lighting of my cell phone Camera- forgot to use the Night Feature for Photos.

Here's my article on my three Favorite Violin Concertos for your information and how I learned how to appreciate violin music.   


Meanwhile today is World Senior Citizen's Day -𝐀𝐔𝐆𝐔𝐒𝐓 21, 2024 | π–πŽπ‘π‹πƒ π’π„ππˆπŽπ‘ π‚πˆπ“πˆπ™π„π'𝐒 πƒπ€π˜

“Ageing is just another word for living.” – Cindy Joseph
Today is World Senior Citizen’s Day! Life teaches us many lessons, however, with the help of an elder, these lessons become a lot easier. This is the perfect time for us to express our love and gratitude to those elders whose wisdom and experience lay the groundwork for our future. Let us appreciate them for they are our history, our roots, and our greatest educators. Happy World Senior Citizen’s Day to All My Fellow THD Residents!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear David, Aren’t you the fortunate one to have had a
dorm buddy who introduced you to this beautiful music. Thank you for sharing….I have been listening to your ‘sharing ‘ of Pagamini this morning and have enjoyed so much being transferred to another world this morning. Thank you so much for sharing!!! pat S.

David B Katague said...

Pat, I am so happy you enjoyed Paganini Violin Concerto. From what I read and heard, it is one of the hardest violin concerto to play. Thank you for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...