Welcome to My Site

If this is your first visit, welcome! This site is devoted to my life experiences as a Filipino-American who immigrated from the Philippines to the United States in 1960. I came to the US as a graduate student when I was 26 years old. I am now in my mid-80's and thanks God for his blessings, I have four successful and professional children and six grandchildren here in the US. My wife and I had been enjoying the snow bird lifestyle between US and Philippines after my retirement from USFDA in 2002. Macrine(RIP),Me and my oldest son are the Intellectual migrants. Were were born in the Philippines, came to the US in 1960 and later became US citizens in 1972. Some of the photos and videos in this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on infringing on your copyrights. Cheers!

Thursday, August 22, 2024

Antiques Appraisal Today -Mexican Fiesta Photos

 

Another Activity Event I am looking forward to is the Antique Appraisal Day scheduled for today, Thursday, August 22, from 10AM to 2PM. You are limited to only 3 items.  There will be appraisal on Asian Arts, Jewelry, Collectibles, small Furniture and Fine Arts. The sponsor is Clars Auction, Oakland, Ca

https://clars.com/ 

I am planning to submit  two Asian Art Collection (Japanese Warrior Prints (set of 12) and A Pair of Chinese Water color Prints)  for re-appraisal. I am also planning to submit an antique leather stool  and A Martin Laurence Limited Edition Painting💚. I have signed for the 10:00-10:30AM time slot. 

💚mark king martin lawrence limited edition


The original unofficial appraisal value of these Asian Art collections is detailed in my blog below: I have no idea on the value of the Antique Leather  Saddle Stool. 

1. This is one of the Samurai Japanese Warrior Prints ( Framed) out of 12 that I found in David's E ( RIP) closet while I was preparing for the Estate Sale because I am moving. I was intending to sell it for $10 each, However, when I had it appraised I was told the current market value of this art is around $80-$100 each. Here's a quote from the Appraiser.    

The photo above is by Kuniyoshi. The series is titled 69 stations along the Kisokaido and this particular print is of Yabuhara Station with the warrior Sue Harutaka on horseback.  The market value for prints from this series are about $80-100 each.


2. This is Pair of Chinese Water Color Prints, Fah-yen-Fah,the Princess dated 1926

I was planning to sell it for $50 each. I did some google search and I found the market value of this art ranged from $225 to $250 each. An honest neighbor informed me to do some search, before selling it at $50 each. Here's our conversation with my honest neighbor on the value of this art. 

"I just Google those. They are worth a couple hundred each. I would get them appraised if I were you. But I will take them for $50 if you just want to sell them".
 
ME
Thanks for the advise. How will I go about appraisal?. They are dated 1926 and were $50 then, so they must be worth more than a couple of hundred as you indicated by today. Yes I will have it appraised. Tks
 
This painting is Fah-yen-Fah, the Princess. The 1940 is listed on Goggle for $225. Since Mine is dated 1926, it probably worth at Least $300. The other painting is titled Elbow Page of Viceroy, Painting No.2 (Label from the back of the Frame)

For Details visit my blog below:

https://theintellectualmigrants.blogspot.com/2023/05/learning-market-values-of-david-e-art.html

Meanwhile here are some photos of I took yesterday Dinner) - A Mexican Fiesta held at our Outdoor Court Yard.


My Chili Relleno Casserole with all its trimmings, beans, rice and avocado-Yummy, indeed!





I had the Chili Relleno Casserole and It was delicious. A Mariachi Band  provided authentic Mexican Music during our Outdoor Dinner in perfect late afternoon weather. Thank You THD for this memorable  Fiesta celebration during the Kitchen Renovation. Another special occasion that enhanced our well being and sense of Community.    

Have a Good To All!  Keep Smiling! You are in Candid Camera! ( In my Blogs). See you at the Appraisal!!!

ADDENDA:  Results Of Appraisal: 

1. The Pair of Water Color Prints are offset prints. It is by Hubert Stowitts ( American, 1892-1953)_ Estimated Auction Value= $100-$150 for the Pair

2. The Mark King, Martin Laurence Edition is also an offset Print. Estimated Auction Value- $100

3. Leather Saddle Stool- is possible of Syrian, Pakistani or Indian Origin based on the laventine etchings on the wood handle- Estimated Auction Value- $150-$250

    




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...