Welcome to My Site

If this is your first visit, welcome! This site is devoted to my life experiences as a Filipino-American who immigrated from the Philippines to the United States in 1960. I came to the US as a graduate student when I was 26 years old. I am now in my mid-80's and thanks God for his blessings, I have four successful and professional children and six grandchildren here in the US. My wife and I had been enjoying the snow bird lifestyle between US and Philippines after my retirement from USFDA in 2002. Macrine(RIP),Me and my oldest son are the Intellectual migrants. Were were born in the Philippines, came to the US in 1960 and later became US citizens in 1972. Some of the photos and videos in this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on infringing on your copyrights. Cheers!

Monday, August 19, 2024

Pork Sinigang- A Most Appreciated Gift-Food Trucks at THD


The much awaited pork sinigang soup that our Chef Agustin and I has been talking about,  was handed to me during my brunch take-out trip to Newton's yesterday. It was a gift from Agustin's Filipino-American wife( Mrs. Gutierrez).  I have not meet Mrs Gutierrez in person, but Agustin has been telling me she cooks Filipino food for Him. I will add this in my postings of examples of an act of Kindness from Strangers. Agustin, please relay my thanks to your wife for the above Pork Sinigang Dish.   

As seen in the photos above, I divided the dish in 3 portions. Two for future use in my freezer, the other one I have savored and indulged with gusto last night with steam white rice and green papaya atchara ( sweet pickles).  

The soup has been rated by Taste Atlas as the best tasting soup in the world.💚 This soup was served at Newton's last October 13, 2023 during the Filipino-American History Month Celebration here at THD.

I have written several articles on the soup sinigang. Again here's a summary for your information and review.    Sinigang is a sour soup native to the Philippines. The recipe above uses pork as the main ingredient. Other proteins and seafood can also be used. Beef, shrimp, fish are commonly used to cook sinigang. The chicken version, on the other hand, is called sinampalukang manok. It is mixed with a variety of vegtables, such as green beans, okra, radish, eggplants etc...,  For detail visit:

https://panlasangpinoy.com/pork-sinigang-na-baboy-recipe/

💚https://chateaudumer.blogspot.com/2024/03/pork-sinigang-best-tasting-soup-in-world.html

Here are more websites on Best Soups of the World, listing Sinigang in the top 10, top 50 and top 100 best tasting soup in the world

https://theintellectualmigrants.blogspot.com/2024/04/the-100-best-dishes-in-world.html

https://lifeinus1960present.blogspot.com/2024/03/the-top-ten-most-popular-dishes-of.html

Again thank You, Mrs Gutierrez and Maraming Salamat!! Masarap! Manamit Guid ( Ilongo).This gift is very much appreciated!!

Meanwhile,  Happy Renovation Celebration to all my Fellow Residents here at THD! Will there be Pinoy Food in the Food Trucks This Saturday? Just Dreaming? 

My photo taken by Martha Rodriguez after receiving the Sinigang from Agustin yesterday. 


https://theintellectualmigrants.blogspot.com/2024/08/thd-newtons-restaurant-kudos-to-chef.html?fbclid=IwY2xjawEvm2BleHRuA2FlbQIxMQABHVlQub2O1x2sFTb_ZXeekvCjcD_mjvgm7SOLVQUmDj4T92F4JCOjhmXhvg_aem_hYOUG5UZ9cHkk--jGy6laQ 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...