Welcome to My Site

If this is your first visit, welcome! This site is devoted to my life experiences as a Filipino-American who immigrated from the Philippines to the United States in 1960. I came to the US as a graduate student when I was 26 years old. I am now in my mid-80's and thanks God for his blessings, I have four successful and professional children and six grandchildren here in the US. My wife and I had been enjoying the snow bird lifestyle between US and Philippines after my retirement from USFDA in 2002. Macrine(RIP),Me and my oldest son are the Intellectual migrants. Were were born in the Philippines, came to the US in 1960 and later became US citizens in 1972. Some of the photos and videos in this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on infringing on your copyrights. Cheers!

Sunday, August 18, 2024

Newton's Kitchen Maintenance and Renovation-Landscaping

I received the above Good News Yesterday( See Brochure). Thank You THD Management and Owners for this improvement in the Quality of Our Life Here at THD.  

Meanwhile, this is also a good time to do some improvements in the Noise Level inside Newton's Restaurant.  In my previous posting, it was suggested that perhaps carpeting and installing Draperies will indeed reduced noise level to a more tolerable level.  

https://theintellectualmigrants.blogspot.com/2024/07/newtons-restaurant-noise-and-its-health.html

A recent suggestion is to install suspended acoustic-ceiling panels which is reasonably cheap. For details read the website below.        

These panels does not look that bad. Will it work? I really do not know! But it is worth a try. The Acoustic Panels are reasonably cheap and it comes in 14 colors.  If these acoustic ceiling panels work, I will be delighted to donate the cost of one panel. Just add the cost of one panel to my rent. I have a feeling a few of my fellow residents will be able to afford the cost of one panel (For cost of one panel read the website below).    


I hope THD management/owners is reading my blogs and consider this suggestion.  Again, my personal thanks to Ms Ryan ( CFO) for the newly purchased chair back pads in our Activity room.    

https://www.skutchi.com/product/product-lines/escape-solutions-series/escape-round-suspended-acoustic-ceiling-panels-acoustical-ceiling-baffles-14-colors-available/

Meanwhile, landscaping improvements in our Courtyard is in full swing. The huge trees giving shade in the Patio of Apartment 106 in the Fairmount Building and touching the roof and walls of the Fairmont Building have been replaced with a smaller tree and several 7-feet bushes, giving more sun.  

Another tree ( a eucalyptus ) is touching the walls of the 2nd and 3rd floor Apartments in the Fairmont Building( West Side). I suggest this tree must be also trimmed (see photo below).  This will give my patio more sun for my cacti and jade plants collection as well as a needed tree maintenance service for trees touching the buildings in the THD compound. 


 Happy Sunday to ALL! Looking forward to the coming 2-weeks of Rejuvenation Celebration! The Food Trucks are coming on Saturdays. It will be a welcome change from our Newton's menu! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...