Welcome to My Site

If this is your first visit, welcome! This site is devoted to my life experiences as a Filipino-American who immigrated from the Philippines to the United States in 1960. I came to the US as a graduate student when I was 26 years old. I am now in my mid-80's and thanks God for his blessings, I have four successful and professional children and six grandchildren here in the US. My wife and I had been enjoying the snow bird lifestyle between US and Philippines after my retirement from USFDA in 2002. Macrine(RIP),Me and my oldest son are the Intellectual migrants. Were were born in the Philippines, came to the US in 1960 and later became US citizens in 1972. Some of the photos and videos in this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on infringing on your copyrights. Cheers!

Friday, August 16, 2024

Recent Activities and Photo News Here at THD

Writing, Dancing, Singing and Talking ( Lecture and Public Speaking), I have done numerous times in my life but I have never painted in my Life. Yesterday was my first time I did Watercolor Painting. My creation looks like a work of a 5-year old kid, but I am super proud I did it.   I know I could have improved it, by edging and spending more time on it, but I was not encourage when I saw the beautiful creations of my semi- professional fellow residents here at THD.    

My First Watercolor Creation-Peaches And Nectarines
I enjoyed this 30 minutes of Activity Here at THD, yesterday afternoon.

Watercolor Painting is one of the activity hosted by our capable Activity Coordinator, Cidney Carbah. Thank you, Cidney for guiding me on my first water color creation here in Planet Earth. It looks like a creation of a 5-year old kid, but I am happy since this was my first time. I was surprise I enjoyed this 30- minutes activity here at THD. There were ten fellow residents who participated.  A few of them were experienced and their paintings were beautiful and looks very professional compared to mine.  But as they say never compare yourself to others and just enjoy the moment.   


The second activity was the Clever Word Games, last Wednesday at the Activity Room at 11AM (see phots above).  This Activity was also hosted by our charming and super efficient Activity Coordinator, Cidney Carbah.

 


Meanwhile, I took the following photos of the Kitchen Crew during Alberto Alvarez first day of work. Again, Welcome Alberto.  Note that the Take Out Lunches are getting ready to be pick up or delivered. 


Fresh Produce for Our Dinner tonite.

Meanwhile, I found these two photos from my album last year that I do not remember posting at all

My Three D's - Ditas, Dodie, Me and Dinah- Photo Taken September, 2023, Portland, OR  


Enjoying a Glass of white wine During Dinner Time at Newton,  August, 2023

Lastly,  Good News-Covid Cases has stabilized to about 4 residents from 10. But Be Aware that it is not over.  Take Paxlovid as early as you can if you have Covid!     

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...