Welcome to My Site

If this is your first visit, welcome! This site is devoted to my life experiences as a Filipino-American who immigrated from the Philippines to the United States in 1960. I came to the US as a graduate student when I was 26 years old. I am now in my mid-80's and thanks God for his blessings, I have four successful and professional children and six grandchildren here in the US. My wife and I had been enjoying the snow bird lifestyle between US and Philippines after my retirement from USFDA in 2002. Macrine(RIP),Me and my oldest son are the Intellectual migrants. Were were born in the Philippines, came to the US in 1960 and later became US citizens in 1972. Some of the photos and videos in this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on infringing on your copyrights. Cheers!

Saturday, August 10, 2024

Photos from Our Annual Hawaiian Luau, August 9, 2024

From Left to Right: MaryAnn DeWald, Me,  Dean Elias and Marsha Kefer - Photo Credit: Jenny Shively.  


THD celebrated the the Annual Hawaiian Luau yesterday outdoors. It was a very special day with the perfect 
weather cooperating. The Festivities started at 3:45PM with Cocktails, followed by Music and Entertainment ( Hula Dancers). The afternoon was culminated with an authentic Hawaiian Dinner also served outdoors. Here are some photos I took.   

Appetizers- Fresh Fruit Kabob and Mini-Sandwich. I have Mai Tai for Cocktails

Me in my Dark Red Hawaiian shirt and Mary Ann DeWald in her dark yellow sun dress. 



Jenny Shively, Marketing and Leasing Director and Newly Hired Activity Director. Kellie Schuyler  

John and Carol Larimore with Carol Bradas and Mary Fenelon


New Residents Lorne and Janice Swanets dancing celebrating their 68 years of marriage.  

Coleslaw Salad and Hawaiian Beer ( Kona Big Wave) was also available. It was a light beer.  

Audience Participation of the Hula Dances- Marsha Kefer participating and Jay Pollack Watching







Earl and Arlene Goetze with Guests
Bridge Partners, Andi Shafer and Patty Healy and Joyce Gonzalvez
Sandi Green, Maureen Bell, Jean Kavale, Judy Mesick and Sue Kaplan enjoying the Pleasant Afternoon
Peggy Yamada and Martha Melendez (Face Covered by Pole)
Our Efficient and Beloved Servers at Newton's in their Hawaiian Outfits and Leis. 

Dean Elias, David B Katague ( Me), Kellie Schuyler ( Newly Hired Activity Director) and Marsha Kefer 

Thank You THD Staff and Management for a Wonderful Hawaiian Luau. The Gods must be listening since the afternoon was in perfect weather for Out Door Dining and Entertainment.  This is another activity that enhances the well being and promotes sense of community of the Senior Residents. Again, Thank You, THD for a wonderful afternoon.  Good Day to ALL!

2 comments:

Picture It! and SF Giants said...

What great pictures, David! Looks like so much fun. I miss everyone there. Michael

David B Katague said...

Hi David,

Thanks for all the great photos! Carol and I had a wonderful time at the Luau!!

John Larimore

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...