Welcome to My Site

If this is your first visit, welcome! This site is devoted to my life experiences as a Filipino-American who immigrated from the Philippines to the United States in 1960. I came to the US as a graduate student when I was 26 years old. I am now in my mid-80's and thanks God for his blessings, I have four successful and professional children and six grandchildren here in the US. My wife and I had been enjoying the snow bird lifestyle between US and Philippines after my retirement from USFDA in 2002. Macrine(RIP),Me and my oldest son are the Intellectual migrants. Were were born in the Philippines, came to the US in 1960 and later became US citizens in 1972. Some of the photos and videos in this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on infringing on your copyrights. Cheers!

Saturday, July 13, 2024

I Love the Color Purple and Its Various Shades

Purple represents so many different things such as courage (Purple Heart). Purple is often associated with royalty, wealth, and riches. Many countries believe the color purple means faith, patience, trust, and virtue. For additional meaning and symbolism of the color purple visit the link at the bottom of this page. 💜💜.

My first love with the purple color was when Macrine ( RIP) my spouse for over 63 years purchased an evening gown from a well known couturier in Manila to celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary here in the US( photo above).  The following is a repost of my previous posting on the color purple 

https://chateaudumer.blogspot.com/2020/10/pleasant-memories-of-macrines-purple.html

Today, I love the color of purple in flowers, vegetables, fruits and sunsets. I have photos of purple rice, beans, okra, pumpkin and cabbages for vegetables. I have photos of purple orchids, hibiscus, tulips,  and flowering trees. Here are some photos in my collection.    



💜💜The purple butterfly is a symbol of the soul of the departed love ones in the Philippines
















I have planted Wisteria in Maryland and the Jacaranda in the Philippines. I have planted purple succulents,  purple okra and beans in my garden in Fair Oaks. I have purple orchids and purple potato in the Philippines. 

💜💜https://shibleysmiles.com/purple-butterfly-meaning-symbolism/


1 comment:

Dean Elias said...

awsome photos: thank you, David. . . Dean

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...