Welcome to My Site

If this is your first visit, welcome! This site is devoted to my life experiences as a Filipino-American who immigrated from the Philippines to the United States in 1960. I came to the US as a graduate student when I was 26 years old. I am now in my mid-80's and thanks God for his blessings, I have four successful and professional children and six grandchildren here in the US. My wife and I had been enjoying the snow bird lifestyle between US and Philippines after my retirement from USFDA in 2002. Macrine(RIP),Me and my oldest son are the Intellectual migrants. Were were born in the Philippines, came to the US in 1960 and later became US citizens in 1972. Some of the photos and videos in this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on infringing on your copyrights. Cheers!

Thursday, July 11, 2024

I am Not Getting Older-I am Getting Better!

AGING....
You grow old, they told me, you are no longer you, you become distant, sad and lonely.
I didn't answer...
I don't get old, I get wise.
I stopped being what others like me to become, but what I like to be.
I stopped seeking the acceptance of others and accepted myself.
I have left behind the lying mirrors that deceive mercilessly.
- No, I'm not getting old.
I just become more selective with places, people, customs and ideologies.
I have let go of attachments, unnecessary pain, toxic people, sick souls and rotten hearts... bitterness and unhappiness are not for me, I release them for my health.
I'm ditching party nights for learning and embracing insomnia.
I stopped living stories and started writing them, I threw aside the imposed stereotypes.
I no longer carry eyeshadow in my bag, now I have a book that beautifies my mind.
I exchanged wine glasses for coffee cups, forgot to idealize life and started living it.
- No, I'm not getting old.
I carry freshness in my soul, innocence in my heart, and it discovers me daily.
I have in my hands the tenderness of a cocoon that, when opened, will spread its wings to other places unreachable for those who seek only the frivolity of the material.
I have that charming smile on my face when I observe the simplicity of nature.
I carry in my ears the chirping of the birds that delight me and accompany the walk.
- No, I'm not getting old.
I become selective, betting my time on the intangible, rewriting the story I've been told, rediscovering worlds, saving those old books I've forgotten half open.
I'm becoming more cautious, I've stopped the outbursts that teach me nothing, I'm learning to talk about transcendent things, I'm learning to cultivate knowledge, plant ideals and falsify my destiny.
- No, I'm not getting old.
I begin to live who I really am.~

Personal Note: On my recent article on THD Lunch Excursion at the Claremont Club and Spa, I mentioned that one resident in our lunch table, rudely told me she did not want her picture in my blogs. I was a bit upset, so I mentioned that it might as well be, since my readers will not really like to see her "Fat Face" anyway.  

One of my THD readers informed me that another resident had read the word "Fat Face" and did not like it. I was advice to tone down and watch carefully the words I am using in my blogs.

I apologize to all my readers if they feel my use of the word "Fat Face" is unnecessary. However, I must admit, I used it because I was mad at the rude request of the Person who did not want her picture in my blog. She could have asked me in a normal tone of voice and this writing incident would not have happened.

Anyway, again let me thank all my readers and my FaceBook friends and other readers, for all your comments in my postings. The most recent one that inspire me to continue my daily posting says:

I love today's article of “wisdom” as well as each and every blog that you share. 

Good Day, Everyone!

3 comments:

Jane said...

Adages are plentiful, & most often….words of wisdom!
‘Honesty is the best policy!’
‘If the shoe fits….wear it!’
‘Turn about is fair play!’
You go, David!



Jane said...

Adages are most often words of wisdom……

‘Honesty is the best policy’
‘If the shoe fits, wear it!’
Turn about is fair play’






Anonymous said...

David, Your blog was great today. I’ve read it before, but happy to be reminded of it. I think all of us could read it many times to “sink” in. Linda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...