Welcome to My Site

If this is your first visit, welcome! This site is devoted to my life experiences as a Filipino-American who immigrated from the Philippines to the United States in 1960. I came to the US as a graduate student when I was 26 years old. I am now in my mid-80's and thanks God for his blessings, I have four successful and professional children and six grandchildren here in the US. My wife and I had been enjoying the snow bird lifestyle between US and Philippines after my retirement from USFDA in 2002. Macrine(RIP),Me and my oldest son are the Intellectual migrants. Were were born in the Philippines, came to the US in 1960 and later became US citizens in 1972. Some of the photos and videos in this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on infringing on your copyrights. Cheers!

Wednesday, July 10, 2024

Asia's Eighteen Most Competitive Countries for 2024

After being adrift for the past three years, Singapore climbed three rungs and regained the top spot in the IMD World Competitiveness Ranking in 2024 against a field of 67. Coming in ahead of Switzerland and Denmark, the Republic posted robust performances across all four categories that comprise economic performance, government efficiency, business efficiency and infrastructure.

In Southeast Asia, Thailand comes second . In this year’s rankings, Indonesia has surpassed Malaysia, which dropped to 34th place from 27th in 2023 due to currency depreciation and political uncertainties. Indonesia’s rise underscores its enhanced economic performance and stability. Bris highlights Southeast Asia’s robust economic performance this year, except for Malaysia’s decline. Indonesia’s competitiveness surge is attributed to improved economic indicators, capital attraction, and GDP growth.  

The IMD World Competitiveness Center (WCC) uses four indicators to determine the rankings for its annual WCR: economic performance, government efficiency, business efficiency, and infrastructure. The WCR evaluates 67 countries’ long-term well-being beyond GDP, considering social, cultural, and sustainability aspects through global surveys and statistical analysis.

Note that the Philippines is last. I am so ashamed of the Philippines Standing- being an American Citizen with Filipino Ancestry. The Philippines should do better next year, I hope. Meanwhile here are 21 interesting facts about the Philippines that you should know.

https://chateaudumer.blogspot.com/2024/05/twenty-one-interesting-facts-about.html

Lastly, I hope THD Activity will resume the Travel Series initiated by Galen last January.  I recommend that the Philippines will be the next country featured.  If you are a THD resident and enjoyed the previous Travel series let THD management know of your desires.  

1 comment:

Gwen Corbett said...

I love these blogs with the photos. These islands are so lovely and welcoming.
Thank you David.
Gwen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...