Welcome to My Site

If this is your first visit, welcome! This site is devoted to my life experiences as a Filipino-American who immigrated from the Philippines to the United States in 1960. I came to the US as a graduate student when I was 26 years old. I am now in my mid-80's and thanks God for his blessings, I have four successful and professional children and six grandchildren here in the US. My wife and I had been enjoying the snow bird lifestyle between US and Philippines after my retirement from USFDA in 2002. Macrine(RIP),Me and my oldest son are the Intellectual migrants. Were were born in the Philippines, came to the US in 1960 and later became US citizens in 1972. Some of the photos and videos in this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on infringing on your copyrights. Cheers!

Sunday, July 28, 2024

A Timely Notice for THD Pet Owners


The above reminder addressed to the THD Pet owners was very timely. The day before I received this notice as a cat owner, I was almost a victim ( that is step-on a dog poo ) of an irresponsible dog owner who did not pick her/his dog poo on the Court- yard lawn of THD . I was on my way from the Fairmount Building to Newton's via the Library. I did not report this incident to the Front Desk because I was able to avoid the poo and I was not sure whose job is it to solve this problem. 

However, this same incident happened to me last year. At that time, I reported it to Liza Bellini- our Resident Liaison at that time. Lisa immediately took a dog poo plastic scooper and she told me to show it to her. I did and Lisa immediately took care of the problem.  Then the above same reminder was posted.

So, there is a dog owner here at THD who for some reasons or another appear irresponsible. I hope you will not repeat this incident and Pick up your dog S--t.  

 Speaking of Pets, I have just finished reading an article from yesterday's issue from the East Bay Times on " Fight Loneliness with Furry Friends. 

Here are excerpts from the article: Pets Provide not only psychological but also physical benefits for Older Adults.

"San Mateo County which declared loneliness a public health emergency earlier this year, has been running a campaign to address social isolation and loneliness.  That included a Recent Peninsula Humane Society event promoting pet adoption and therapy animals. Recently, the county approved $1 Million in funding to implement anti-loneliness program. Pet companionship alleviates stress, improving heart rate and blood pressure and encouraging physical activity.  Cognitive Decline among the aging is slower among pet owners than non-owners". 

I am not a dog owner, so picking up dog poo's on public areas here at THD is not my problem. I am a 2-cats resident owner of Batman and Robin.  I do indeed change their cat litter diligently for my own sake and have no effect on other senior residents here at THD. Here's Batman and Robin on their favorite spot on my patio.


From Left to Right: Robin (more white on his face) and Batman. They are both neutered males, American Short Hair Breed.  Both are only 2 years old.   Notice the wire netting preventing them from gallivanting outside. They love watching the squirrels and occasional humming birds in the vicinity.     

Again, Be a Responsible Pet Owner and Do Not forget to clean-up your Dog S---t.    

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

๐Ÿ‘ Good job, David! As you know, I was not comfortable with how THD handled the issue….but you & Andi patiently explained to me the logic/reasoning. Jojo is the only ‘big’ dog here I think, & some are bothered by that….thus my sensitivity.
At least one person comes out into the courtyard with dog early, (7ish) as Jojo peers down from her window & barks. I am still in my ‘nest’ so can’t put that (those) on my suspect list. ๐Ÿ˜ŠJane

Anonymous said...

Hi Jane =The poo is small -an indication it comes from a small dog. I was pretty sure it was not Jojo. I have also a suspect in mind, but I will not say it unless I have a photo to back it up. David

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...