Welcome to My Site

If this is your first visit, welcome! This site is devoted to my life experiences as a Filipino-American who immigrated from the Philippines to the United States in 1960. I came to the US as a graduate student when I was 26 years old. I am now in my mid-80's and thanks God for his blessings, I have four successful and professional children and six grandchildren here in the US. My wife and I had been enjoying the snow bird lifestyle between US and Philippines after my retirement from USFDA in 2002. Macrine(RIP),Me and my oldest son are the Intellectual migrants. Were were born in the Philippines, came to the US in 1960 and later became US citizens in 1972. Some of the photos and videos in this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on infringing on your copyrights. Cheers!

Thursday, July 18, 2024

A Miracle if My Potted Pineapple Will Bear Fruit This Year

My Potted Pineapple with Fruit in Front Patio of MY House in Fair Oaks. June, 2022

https://chateaudumer.blogspot.com/2019/06/my-potted-pineapple-plant-is-starting.html



When I moved from Fair Oaks to THD last year, I was able to bring with me, one of my potted pineapple plant. After almost over a year in my patio, here at THD ( see photo below), It had not recovered from the move. Currently, it is only getting about 2 to 3 hours of afternoon sun in my patio. It will be a miracle if it will bear fruit this year. But if it does, I will consider it a miracle.  

MY THD Patio is perfect for shade-loving plants but not for tropical plants like the pineapple that required a lot of sun to thrive well.    

My sickly Potted Pineapple Plant, one year after my downsizing move.  Here are recent photos of my patio after my weekly cleaning service and the transplanted pineapple. The pineapple still looks sickly, 
My Jade Plants are Doing Well as well as my cacti and Succulent Collections

I transplanted my potted Christmas Poinsettia Outside. Hopefully it will grow and blooms( red leaves) this December.  Guarded with plastic so Batman and Robin will leave the plant alone.  

Potted Pineapple is still looking sickly-Need more hours of sunlight daily.... 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...