Welcome to My Site

If this is your first visit, welcome! This site is devoted to my life experiences as a Filipino-American who immigrated from the Philippines to the United States in 1960. I came to the US as a graduate student when I was 26 years old. I am now in my mid-80's and thanks God for his blessings, I have four successful and professional children and six grandchildren here in the US. My wife and I had been enjoying the snow bird lifestyle between US and Philippines after my retirement from USFDA in 2002. Macrine(RIP),Me and my oldest son are the Intellectual migrants. Were were born in the Philippines, came to the US in 1960 and later became US citizens in 1972. Some of the photos and videos in this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on infringing on your copyrights. Cheers!

Thursday, October 3, 2024

Happy Rosh Hashanah-My Word of the Day-Limerence

Happy Rosh Hashanah to All my Jewish Friends and Readers all over the World. Rosh Hashanah is the New Year in Judaism. The biblical name for this holiday is Yom Teruah. It is the first of the High Holy Days, as specified by Leviticus 23:23–25, that occur in the late summer/early autumn of the Northern Hemisphere.  Rosh Hashanah is observed on the first day of the month of Tishrei on the Hebrew calendar, which falls in September or October on the Gregorian calendar, the calendar commonly used throughout the world. This year in 2024, Rosh Hashanah begins at sunset on Wednesday, Oct. 2, and ends at sunset on Friday, Oct. 4.

Meanwhile, here's my word of the Day-Limerence
My word for today is Limerence. This word is not exactly meant the extreme need for affection, but may be related to it. 
The other day while playing bridge, we talked that some people here at THD needed more attention than others. Although it is normal to be loved by others, extreme need of affection or being clingy to strangers, I believe is a psychological disorder.   So I did some search and the word Limerence stood out, Thus this posting. So what is Limerence?
Limerence is a state of mind which results from romantic feelings for another person, and typically includes intrusive, melancholic thoughts, or tragic concerns for the object of one's affection as well as a desire to form or maintain a relationship with the object of love and to have one's feelings reciprocated. Here are differences between Limerence and Love.  
The Primal Need for Connection- From infancy, humans crave touch as a fundamental aspect of bonding. Physical contact, ranging from a comforting hug to a reassuring pat on the back, plays a crucial role in shaping our emotional landscape. Lack of touch can lead to feelings of isolation and loneliness. 
Meanwhile enjoy this photo of the Paella Dish that I had for Brunch last September 15 during Ditas visit. It was yummy! Thank You Newton's Kitchen Crew and Chef.  It was delicious but could have a little more rice with saffron ( or its equivalent💚). It reminded me of Macrine's (RIP) culinary talents. Was this the culinary creation of our former sous chef, Alberto Alvarez? I just heard he quit this week!  Well as they say "Too many cooks in the Kitchen spoils the broth!"

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...