Welcome to My Site

If this is your first visit, welcome! This site is devoted to my life experiences as a Filipino-American who immigrated from the Philippines to the United States in 1960. I came to the US as a graduate student when I was 26 years old. I am now in my mid-80's and thanks God for his blessings, I have four successful and professional children and six grandchildren here in the US. My wife and I had been enjoying the snow bird lifestyle between US and Philippines after my retirement from USFDA in 2002. Macrine(RIP),Me and my oldest son are the Intellectual migrants. Were were born in the Philippines, came to the US in 1960 and later became US citizens in 1972. Some of the photos and videos in this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on infringing on your copyrights. Cheers!

Wednesday, September 18, 2024

My Word of the Day- Cogitate/Cogitating-Project 2025 Song

While playing bridge the other day, my partner took a long time to respond to my first bid. His action reminded of the word- cogitate/cogitating.  I did some search and here is the list of similar words for Cog-i-tate. English, I would say is fun and sometimes complicated.  Enjoy! Have Fun with WORDS!     

cog·i·tate
/ˈkäjəˌtāt/
verb
FORMAL
verbcogitate3rd person presentcogitatespast tensecogitatedpast participlecogitatedgerund or present participlecogitating
  1. think deeply about something; meditate or reflect.
    "he stroked his beard and retired to cogitate"
    Similar:
    think (about)
    contemplate
    consider
    give thought to
    give consideration to
    mull over
    meditate (on)
    muse (on)
    ponder (on/over)
    reflect (on)
    deliberate (about/on)
    ruminate (about/on/over)
    dwell on
    brood (on/over)
    agonize (over)
    worry (about)
    chew over
    puzzle (over)
    speculate about
    weigh up
    revolve
    turn over in one's mind
    review
    study
    be in a brown study
    put on one's thinking cap
    pore on
    cerebrate




    Another word, I love to use in my writings is ruminate





Meanwhile enjoy my latest photo with my Harris-Walz T-shirt and Pin- a Gift from Ditas during her short visit last September 15.

Lastly here's a video of Project 2025:

https://youtu.be/CvQhTbCY4xc?si=0oZi6ZlITvJbX7dO

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...