Welcome to My Site

If this is your first visit, welcome! This site is devoted to my life experiences as a Filipino-American who immigrated from the Philippines to the United States in 1960. I came to the US as a graduate student when I was 26 years old. I am now in my mid-80's and thanks God for his blessings, I have four successful and professional children and six grandchildren here in the US. My wife and I had been enjoying the snow bird lifestyle between US and Philippines after my retirement from USFDA in 2002. Macrine(RIP),Me and my oldest son are the Intellectual migrants. Were were born in the Philippines, came to the US in 1960 and later became US citizens in 1972. Some of the photos and videos in this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on infringing on your copyrights. Cheers!

Sunday, September 29, 2024

My Challenge of the Week- Fall Canvas Painting

The above brochure has tempted me to challenge myself this week. This activity was hosted by our capable and helpful Activity Director Kellie Schuyler. This was my first canvas painting experience, and I am happy I participated.   If you follow my blogs, you probably know that painting is not my talent at all. I can dance, sing and write, but painting I leave that to my relatives.   


 https://theintellectualmigrants.blogspot.com/2011/11/my-granddaughter-has-katague-genes-for.html

There are a few members of the Katague/Catague Clan both here in the US and Philippines that have the Genes for Painting and Music. These are the two websites where some of their work are discussed in detail.

I did my first water color painting and rock painting several weeks ago. Needless to say and as expected my work of art was very juvenile and not even worth mentioning, but they were my creations and indeed very proud of them.  At least give me an "A" for attitude.  Here's my creation yesterday afternoon. 


I took photos of the work of my co-residents and with their permission I am posting it in this blog. 















Lastly here are some photos from the web of Fall Colors that I really like,

Picture #1
Picture #2


Picture #3

Thank You Kellie for your painting tips and organizing this fun activity. Kudos to our THD Activity Personnels. 

Note to THD Management: Any update on the expected arrival of the Sound Panels for Newton's ?   A few of my co-residents are asking me for updates!


1 comment:

Dean Elias said...

Delightful art, as always from your hand. . . Dean

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...