Welcome to My Site

If this is your first visit, welcome! This site is devoted to my life experiences as a Filipino-American who immigrated from the Philippines to the United States in 1960. I came to the US as a graduate student when I was 26 years old. I am now in my mid-80's and thanks God for his blessings, I have four successful and professional children and six grandchildren here in the US. My wife and I had been enjoying the snow bird lifestyle between US and Philippines after my retirement from USFDA in 2002. Macrine(RIP),Me and my oldest son are the Intellectual migrants. Were were born in the Philippines, came to the US in 1960 and later became US citizens in 1972. Some of the photos and videos in this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on infringing on your copyrights. Cheers!

Saturday, June 29, 2024

Awakening Joy for Seniors by Jeff Wessman


I attended last Wednesday night talk of Jeff Wessman on Awakening Joy for Seniors. It was a well-attended activity with a few senoirs sitting on the sides of the Cinema. I enjoyed it,  but I want more. The first hour of Jeff's talk was only an introduction to the Ten Steps to Happiness lecture series based on the book by James Baraz and Shoshana Alexander.    

Happiness is not for the lucky few—it’s a choice anyone can make. In his groundbreaking first book, written with Shoshana Alexander, Awakening Joy: 10 Steps to Happiness (A Bantam Books Hardcover). James Baraz, cofounder of Spirit Rock Meditation Center and renowned meditation teacher for more than 30 years, reveals his 10-step program, based on the curriculum of his popular “Awakening Joy” course, for how we can reorient our minds away from dissatisfaction and distraction and toward the contentment and delight that is abundantly available in our everyday lives.

The seven factors of awakening (bojjhaṅga)
  • Mindfulness (sati)
  • Investigation (dhamma-vicaya)
  • Energy (vīriya)
  • Rapture (pīti)
  • Tranquility (passaddhi)
  • Concentration (samādhi)
  • Equanimity (upekkhā)

  • Visit the following site for details:

https://www.audible.com/pd/Awakening-Joy-Audiobook/B004GEHV4E

Personal Note: If you attended last Wednesday Talk and you want to continue the Series, please let Galen know. If you were not able to attend, but like the summary in this posting, let me know also. I will relay your desire to Activity,  Have A GREAT Weekend everyone and looking forward for today's Excursion at Pier 1.


    


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...