Welcome to My Site

If this is your first visit, welcome! This site is devoted to my life experiences as a Filipino-American who immigrated from the Philippines to the United States in 1960. I came to the US as a graduate student when I was 26 years old. I am now in my mid-80's and thanks God for his blessings, I have four successful and professional children and six grandchildren here in the US. My wife and I had been enjoying the snow bird lifestyle between US and Philippines after my retirement from USFDA in 2002. Macrine(RIP),Me and my oldest son are the Intellectual migrants. Were were born in the Philippines, came to the US in 1960 and later became US citizens in 1972. Some of the photos and videos in this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on infringing on your copyrights. Cheers!

Monday, May 3, 2010

One of Carenna's Favorite Broadway Song

Carenna attending Aladdin Broadway Show about a year Ago!
When I viewed this video of "A Whole New World" from Aladdin, it reminded me of our golden wedding anniversary celebration when Carenna-my youngest grand daughter ( who was only 5 years at that time) serenaded us with her own rendition of the above song.
Speaking of Carenna, she can sing Reflection from Mulan and currently singing a few of the songs from the TV show "Glee". I love you, Pangga, continue singing, perhaps you may be another Lea Salonga in the near future. Love, Lolo and Lola!

I hope you enjoy the above short video with Lea Salonga and Brad Kane singing the song at the 2008 Oscar Award TV show. As a Filipino-American, I am proud of Lea's Salonga accomplishmment in the field of music. May her tribe increase!
Ditas Katague ( Carenna's Mother) and Lea Salonga, Washington, D.C.(Mid 1990's)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...