Welcome to My Site

If this is your first visit, welcome! This site is devoted to my life experiences as a Filipino-American who immigrated from the Philippines to the United States in 1960. I came to the US as a graduate student when I was 26 years old. I am now in my mid-80's and thanks God for his blessings, I have four successful and professional children and six grandchildren here in the US. My wife and I had been enjoying the snow bird lifestyle between US and Philippines after my retirement from USFDA in 2002. Macrine(RIP),Me and my oldest son are the Intellectual migrants. Were were born in the Philippines, came to the US in 1960 and later became US citizens in 1972. Some of the photos and videos in this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on infringing on your copyrights. Cheers!

Friday, September 11, 2026

The 25th Anniversary of the September 11, 2001 Terrorist Attacks

  • I have written several postings on this topic. However, my first article on this topic, I titled-What were You Doing that Day that Made the World Trembled- was one of my most popular articles. Here's a repost in case you missed it.
        Meanwhile, Today, as the nation marks the 25th anniversary of the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks, families, first responders, and leaders are gathering for remembrance ceremonies in New York City, the Pentagon, and Shanksville. Ahead of the milestone, the Port Authority dedicated a new joint memorial honoring victims of both the 1993 bombing and the 2001 attacks.
    Commemorations and Events
    • New York City Ceremony: Annual reading of the names and moments of silence at the World Trade Center site. Vice President JD Vance is expected to represent the White House in Manhattan, while President Trump plans to mark the anniversary at the Pentagon.
    • New Memorial Dedication: The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey unveiled a new tribute in Liberty Park honoring agency employees lost in both the February 1993 WTC bombing and the 2001 attacks.
    • National Services: Additional commemorative events are taking place at the Pentagon in Virginia and the Flight 93 National Memorial in Shanksville, Pennsylvania. 
    Recent Developments and Releases
    • New Records Released: Newly publicized government records outline how officials handled public messaging regarding air safety and environmental toxins around lower Manhattan in the immediate aftermath of 2001.
    • Ongoing Reflection: Museums and historical sites, including the 9/11 Memorial & Museum, are hosting special programs and exhibitions focused on the 25-year legacy of resilience and remembrance.
    • My Photo of the Day: 

    • Miagao Catholic Church, Miagao, Iloilo, Philippines- A Unesco Site 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...