Welcome to My Site

If this is your first visit, welcome! This site is devoted to my life experiences as a Filipino-American who immigrated from the Philippines to the United States in 1960. I came to the US as a graduate student when I was 26 years old. I am now in my mid-80's and thanks God for his blessings, I have four successful and professional children and six grandchildren here in the US. My wife and I had been enjoying the snow bird lifestyle between US and Philippines after my retirement from USFDA in 2002. Macrine(RIP),Me and my oldest son are the Intellectual migrants. Were were born in the Philippines, came to the US in 1960 and later became US citizens in 1972. Some of the photos and videos in this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on infringing on your copyrights. Cheers!

Sunday, August 9, 2026

Discovering My Connection to the Kabayao Musical Family: A Journey Through Genealogy


Discovering My Connection to the Kabayao Musical Family: A Journey Through Genealogy

AI Overview: 

The “Javellana” element in the Lopez‑Kabayao tree is present through the Hofilena y Javelona sisters, who are part of the extended Javellana-related families of Jaro. This makes the Lopez‑Kabayao musicians cousins, by marriage and blood, to the wider Javellana–Lopez constellation that includes your own line.

How your branch relates

Your direct line:

  • Don Manuel Javellana & Doña Gertrudis Lopez
    → Cristino Javellana (Capitan Tinong)
    → Marcelina Lopez Javellana & Victoriano Catague
    → Roberto Catague & Consolacion Golez Jamili
    → David Jamili K(C)atague (your father) → you.

The Lopez‑Kabayao musical line:

  • Eugenio Lopez & Marcela Villanueva
    → Gil “Tan Gil” Lopez & Albina Hofilena
    → Marcela Lopez & Dr. Doroteo Kabayao
    → Gilopez Kabayao (violinist) and musical descendants.

You and the Lopez‑Kabayao family are distant cousins through the larger Lopez–Javellana–Hofilena web in Jaro, but not through the same immediate grandparents. 

Personal Note: I like to emphasize that at that time, The Ten Elite Families of Jaro and Negros Occidental tend to intermarry within the clan to preserve lands, wealth  and inheritances within the Family.  An example is my uncle, oldest brother of my Father, Giluermo ( settled in Guimaras Island ) married to the Hofilena clan. However, the family was not rich in comparison to the other members of the Javellana- Hofilena Families.   

Lastly, Here the song using my Lyrics by Musicful AI Apps. The melody of the song is so beautiful and makes me feel like crying, but at times I feel like dancing, and sing along with it as well.👏 I'm proud to say, I did IT! 

https://www.musicful.ai/song/53345588655452167/

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...