Welcome to My Site

If this is your first visit, welcome! This site is devoted to my life experiences as a Filipino-American who immigrated from the Philippines to the United States in 1960. I came to the US as a graduate student when I was 26 years old. I am now in my mid-80's and thanks God for his blessings, I have four successful and professional children and six grandchildren here in the US. My wife and I had been enjoying the snow bird lifestyle between US and Philippines after my retirement from USFDA in 2002. Macrine(RIP),Me and my oldest son are the Intellectual migrants. Were were born in the Philippines, came to the US in 1960 and later became US citizens in 1972. Some of the photos and videos in this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on infringing on your copyrights. Cheers!

Thursday, March 28, 2024

Wanted Guest Writers-Variety is the Spice of Life

In the past, I have been honored by a few friends and relatives that consented to be GUEST Writers in my blogs. If you are reading this posting, consider it as an invitation to be a GUEST writer in my blogs. There will be no monetary reward.  However, you will be thankfully acknowledged and exposed and possibly received compliments from my over a million viewers all over the world, if they like your article. 

You can write on any topic, except politics, religion and sex.  These 3 topics usually attract attention and controversy. However, I feel majority of my readers wants articles that are simple, interesting and relevant. If you decide to guest write in my blogs, here are tips that will make your writing more effective.   

https://chateaudumer.blogspot.com/2012/12/my-personal-tips-for-effective-blogging.html

I need guest writers to spice up my blogs. Writing is just like Food. No matter how good is your Writing or your Food,  you need variety to keep it from not boring and tasteless. A good analogy is our Food here at Newton's. The food is great, but partaking the same food every day is also boring, That is why, I have been suggesting to THD management to feature an International Dish at least once a month in our Dinner Menu. In my case, I indulged myself once a month with either Filipino Dishes, Dim Sum or Mexican Food. This gave variety to my meals and appreciate more of the Newton's Dishes afterwards.      

The links below are three articles written by my guest writers: These writers are excellent writers and I guarantee you will enjoy their articles.  

https://chateaudumer.blogspot.com/2011/12/guest-article-from-susan-creamer-joy.html

https://chateaudumer.blogspot.com/2014/04/guest-post-from-dodie-katague-author-of.html

https://chateaudumer.blogspot.com/2020/12/my-guest-article-of-year-biden-trump.html

Last but not least, here's an article I wrote in 2011 about Taking a Break from My Writing Activities. it is a must read, if you enjoy my articles in my blogs. 

https://chateaudumer.blogspot.com/2011/12/taking-break-fom-my-writing-activities.html

Here's another article I wrote that attracted a lot of attention because of its Title- I am a Man But Gave Birth to Two Sons.

https://chateaudumer.blogspot.com/2011/12/i-am-man-but-gave-birth-to-two-sons.html


3 comments:

Phil Paris said...

David - I am happy to forward something about meditation which I recently wrote for our Saturday morning meditation group. Perhaps others would did it of interest. Phil

Breath meditation: One of the easiest ways to reduce stress is to focus your attention on your breath. It's a form of meditation that anyone can do. Only two things are required to make breath meditation work: 1) a continued focus for your mind. 2) Allow everyday thoughts to come and go as you focus on the breath. The mind can be a noisy, busy place. As you focus your attention, thoughts will often arise. Acknowledge the thoughts and let your attention slip from them. It is sometimes helpful to start meditating by silently counting your inhalations and exhalations: In (one), out (two), in (three), and so on. This gives you something to focus on besides those intruding thoughts.
Meditation History
Some archaeologists date meditation back to 5,000 BCE. But it wasn’t until the 20th century that it began to move beyond the realm of religion. Meditation began to be seriously studied for its medical benefits in the 1960s. Harvard Medical School professor Dr. Herbert Benson found that people meditating used less oxygen, lowered heart rates and produced brain waves that help with sleep. Benson went on to publish his findings in a book,The Relaxation Response.
Meditation myths
Myth #1: You have to practice at least 20 minutes every day. Do you have a minute? Great! Then you have time to meditate. Breathe in for five seconds, then breathe out for five seconds. That’s your warm-up. Then repeat for just one minute. It’s that simple.
Myth #2: You need to clear your mind. The goal of meditation is not to clear your mind of all thought. The goal is to return to the breath. Each time you discover your mind has wandered, return to your breath.
Myth #3: It doesn’t do anything.
Actually meditation does a whole lot. Research shows that meditation reduces the level of stress and inflammation in the body. Increased blood circulation gets more oxygen and nutrients to important organs in your body. Blood circulation increases in the brain during meditation with long-term benefits for the brain. Meditation has also been shown to reduce anxiety and depression.

Dean Elias said...

Thank you, thank you, David, forthe window into life... Dean

David B Katague said...

Phil, thank you for your comment. Today, Good Friday, I am posting it in a separate article . I added a few photos and some minor addition and a video and a reference. Again, thanks a million for your very useful and relevant article in our daily lives.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...