Welcome to My Site

If this is your first visit, welcome! This site is devoted to my life experiences as a Filipino-American who immigrated from the Philippines to the United States in 1960. I came to the US as a graduate student when I was 26 years old. I am now in my mid-80's and thanks God for his blessings, I have four successful and professional children and six grandchildren here in the US. My wife and I had been enjoying the snow bird lifestyle between US and Philippines after my retirement from USFDA in 2002. Macrine(RIP),Me and my oldest son are the Intellectual migrants. Were were born in the Philippines, came to the US in 1960 and later became US citizens in 1972. Some of the photos and videos in this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on infringing on your copyrights. Cheers!

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Fire Dance Exhibition in Torrijos, Marinduque


At the Bikini Open Festivities called "Huling Hirit Sa Taginit" " (LAST FLING OF SUMMER")* held last June 3, 2011 in Poctoy White Beach, Torrijos, Marinduque, there was a Fire Dancing Exhibition. The fire dancing team were from the neighboring island of Mindoro from the town of Puerto Galera. The following is the 7 minutes video of their performance. It is mesmerizing and indeed very entertaining. I wish I was there during the performance. However, I am happy to relay their performance via YouTube. Enjoy!

*I am not sure if my translation of Huling Hirit sa Taginit is correct. So all you tagalog speaking natives please correct. My original dialect is Ilonggo.


Do not forget the related videos on this set if you like bikinis and beautiful young bodies of both genders.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fling comes up in Thesaurus as to throw, toss or pitch. You might be referring to the slang of fling which is an affair or a relationship of a couple.

Hirit does not have an exact English translation. The closest ones I could think of are take a chance, try, choose or opt. The phrase could be translated as "The last chance of summer".


Pinoy Webster

David B Katague said...

Hi Pinoy Webster! Thank you for your comment. Now that you mention "huling hirit" as last chance, it does remind me that there is an ilonggo word "hirit" which meant to draw another card in the game of gin rummy. Are there any Ilonggos reading this blog? Am I correct or not?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...